
I've got about a month and half left and I am already in nesting mode. If you don't know what nesting is, then you fall into one of the following categories:
a. You are a male and have never fathered a child...that you know of.
b. You are a male and have fathered a child but are not a good listener.
c. You are a female but have yet to birth a baby.
If you answered a, b, or c, let me edumacate you:
Nesting, according to www.ivillage.co.uk says:
"Near the time of labour, many pregnant women feel strong urges to get ready for the new baby. Nesting is often characterised by manic cleaning and organising."
I hope you read that in a British accent. (What do the English have against the letter "z" anyway?)
In the last couple of days I have:
Cleaned out the baby's room and have started decorating it.
Cleaned out and organized the closet in the baby's room.
Cleaned out and organized the closet in the girls' room.
Relocated all of the girls' books and put them in a central book shelf that is now held in the hallway.
Organized the pantry.
Cleaned out and organized underneath the kitchen sink.
Organized my Tupperware/Lazy-Susan cabinet.
Organized the coat closet.
Organized the laundry area.
Organized the girl's art cabinet.
Washed out and organized the girl's bath bin that holds all of their shampoo, etc.
Cleaned out and organized the medicine cabinet in the kitchen. (If you know our family well, you know this particular task took several hours.)
Things I still have on my "Things That Must Be Done Well Before This Baby Comes Or I Won't Be Able to Sleep At Night" list:
Finish decorative pillow for the baby's room. Yah, you heard me, Merz.
Construct some sort of mobile for the baby's room.
Make some sort of artwork for the baby's room.
Have Go shampoo the carpets. Yah, you heard me, Go.
Have all surfaces swept and/or dusted and/or mopped and/or scoured.
Organize art studio.
Organize closet in bathroom.
Organize bathroom cabinets.
Organize pots and pan cabinet.
Organize computer area.
Organize the utensil drawers.
Because newborns must have organized forks and knives, that's why.
11 comments:
My question is, how long do these things stay organized once you finish? At my house, not very long...
I don't know if I'm a freak or what (don't answer that-rhetorical), but I honestly never went through the whole nesting stage. Maybe because I am normally crazy and organize random things...like labeling my fridge (wasn't pregnant when that happened). Unless you count that while I was in labor, I suddenly had this NEED to finish a quilt I'd been working on for Jak. I almost finished too, but Storey didn't take 30 hours like I'd expected. Is that nesting?
You, Beth...YOU are a natural phenomenon all by yourself.
And to answer your question, this will all stay organized as long as The Raccoon (aka MAY) stays out of it.
"freak!"
i am laughing so hard. not only did i totally read that in a british accent i totally just did all of those things, including moving bookS. i am not as far a long as you are but nesting has started early! good luck to you!
Annie you are always busy!! I can't wait to see the nursery:)
My house could use some major nesting! Dang infertility!!!
Oh my goodness, this exhausted me. Why don't you take some of that nesting fire and bring it to my closets and cupboards or at least try channeling it in my direction?
I actually remember this nesting feeling VERY vividly. Down on my hand and knees with my belly almost touching the ground scrubbing the tub, kitchen floor, any floor space for that matter! Best of luck with your "to-do" list! Can't wait to see this new little one!
I have yet to go through the nesting stage, but will be there in a few short months!
Brody and I always enjoy reading your blog. The way you put things just makes us smile!
Yay for new babies!
Could you come "nest" at my house? It needs it and since I'm not at that stage yet...
:o)
Post a Comment