Sunday, January 25, 2009

Merry Christmas, Mom!

Me sometime in late November: Hey Mom, what do you want for Christmas?

Mom: I want you to take Joseph's senior picture. For real this time. Make it look like your's and John's.


Do you remember the first request a year and a half ago? It involved a tank top and a flash light. Needless to say, none of those pictures made the cut.


And did I mention that my brother graduated from high school like 5 years ago?


This was the first shoot, which happened on a cloudy morning after I woke him up and dragged him out of bed, which to his credit, he let me do and he was even cheerful about it. But that's Joe.

You most likely won't get much of a kick out of this post unless you know him. But if you know him, you will because you'll probably be able to say he is the funniest person you know. Besides me, silly.

Some gems from the shoot:







Proof that I am funny: I can make the funniest-guy-you-know laugh.




Our mother was gone that morning and was not there to inspect him before we took the pictures. When she arrived home, upon looking at the photos, she announced that they must be redone. REDONE? Why, YES! But why? What's wrong with these? His hair : wet! His face: scruffy! His shirt: untucked!

The final result: not too shabby.
If you're into dry hair, shaven faces, tucked in shirts and that sort of thing...

16 comments:

Kristen said...

I keep looking at the outtakes, second from the bottom and it just makes me laugh and laugh. Hilarious.

Brandon Bridge said...

I cannot stop laughing

Sarah said...

I think the 4th picture down is a throwback to Miss Sheryl's preschool. It's like he's telling Tyler Weaver about his secret crushes.

[AnnieR] said...

Secret crushes with the initials of SAE? Yah, you heard me Harry.

Audra Bollard said...

If you didn't post the outtakes I don't know if I would've really believed it was truly Joseph. Your Mom should frame some of those too. Good work!

Mandy said...

We missedy you! hope you're feeling better. We sent Vosges with Go, don't believe him if he denies it.:)
These pictures just cracked me up and I don't even know him.

Brandon Bridge said...

Ok, now this is me showing Brandon the pictures. I'm not sure if I'm laughing hard because of the pictures again, or because of Brandon's ridiculous belly laugh he has going...probably both.

yomama said...

Please, for the sake of letting all know that I am not a total stick in the mud and I do have a sense of humor (I did raise 3 of the funniest people I know) AND for said all's continued amusement, you need to post that other "very him" one from the do overs that I will frame and put somewhere, but wouldn't be used as an official picture.

Jennifer said...

I love me some Joseph! Well done!

MOMMACITA said...

That last outtake was a look that I am very familiar with from our favorite, Unkie Tim.

And I'll vouch for yomama. She's no stick in the mud.

john said...

the 7th picture should be the final product. no question about.

[alisar] said...

I like the final outtake. He looks like Ruprick from Dirty, Rotten Scoundrels. If you don't know who I'm talking about, you should probably check it out.

[AnnieR] said...

"Oklahoma! Oklahoma! Oklahoma! Oklahoma!"

classic.

[alisar] said...

I think Joseph Garlock is the new Derrick Zoolander.

[alisar] said...

So...you speak Rupreck. Excellent.
I can't believe I doubted you. Forgive me.

The expression on Joe's face in the last outtake I was referring to looks just like Rupreck after he relieves himself at the dinner table.

MOMMACITA said...

I had accused Tim of being Rupprect more than once. Wait. Maybe that was Mitch.....