Warning: I have absolutely nothing specific to say but feel like blogging anyway. This could be dangerous.
1. May is sick and threw up all night long. She never made it to the toilet or the designated "This-is-where-you-should-throw-up-if-you-don't-make-it-to-the-bathroom Bowl" once. That's ok. I always feel weird using a bowl (even after it's been thrown up in and then washed and washed and washed) knowing that it was once used to catch vomit. It's kind of like the "Tooth Glass" at my parents' house. It's this glass, a very 1950's-jukebox-diner-milkshake glass, you know, it looks like it should be filled with something creamy and pink and have two straws jutting out of it which are being sipped on by a boy with curly, greasy hair and a girl wearing a pony tail with a scarf tied around it and a pink poodle skirt which is the exact same color of what's inside the glass. It was the only one we had of it's kind and was used for nothing else but for when one of us lost a tooth. We'd fill the glass halfway with water, drop the tooth in and anxiously await for it to be filled with one million dollars. Or like 2 quarters, whatever. No one actually ever drank out of this glass, because GROSS!--our teeth had been in there! Even though it was always put through the dishwasher afterwards, I think we were just mentally weirded out by it. I may have, once or twice, given this glass to a friend from high school to drink out of. He was bugging me and it gave me secret delight to know that "Ew! He's drinking out of the Tooth Glass!" While I was home this Christmas, I was thirsty, went to the cupboard to retrieve a glass and found nothing there but the Tooth Glass to use. Did I use it? No. I used a sippy cup with a chewed on nozzle instead. Which was probably grosser.
2. I got released from being the Relief Society secretary (Thank goodness, because those opaque tan panty hose had one two many runs in them!) and was called as the Nursery Music Leader. I go into one Nursery, sing with them for 15 minutes, go into the next Nursery, sing with them for another 15 minutes and that's my Sunday duties. Two words: (of which I am not used to being able to say regarding my duties in my current ward thus far) PLUSH. GIG. I'm pretty excited. I've already started making little instruments for the kids to play while we sing and I think I'll really like it. I hope they like it, too.
3. This morning while I was washing the vomit out of May's hair:
May: Mama, I like you.
Me: I like you too, May-Bone.
May: I glad you're not dead.
She's a morbid little thing.
4. The question I'm getting A LOT lately is "So do you have a name picked out yet?" To which I tell the truth and reply with "No, not really." I think maybe because Ruby and May aren't your run-of-the-mill names, people are interested what we'll come up with this time. Then they always ask "Well, do you have any ideas?" and then I tell a lie and say "No, not really."
5. It is cold here. And in the next few days, it's supposed to get even colder, like below zero with the wind chill factored in. We refer to this weather as "Iowa Cold", which I had always thought I had finally gotten away from but no. "Iowa Cold" is, like, freeze-your-face-off cold. It's so cold that not only can you see your breath, but your breath actually turns into tiny snowflakes that shoot out of your nose along these little naked, blue fairies that dance around your head and laugh at you. Oh how I hate you, you naked, blue fairies. Go put some clothes on.
11 comments:
I'm glad you're not dead too.
We had/have the "red plates" at my parents' which one of us got if we did something good. Nichole (my sister-in-law) and I got to use them last weekend because we "had the babies." I think we got these plates when I was 7 or 8, I am now 32. FYI - our barf went into a nondescript bucket that was kept under the bathroom sink. That was it's only use.
Oh - and great description of the Iowa Cold. Tomorrow is my 6 week postpartum and I have to take the baby out in a "high" of -12. Actual temp. I have no idea how bad the windchill will actually be.
PS - I'm glad you're not dead too.
Ooo. A Barf Bucket. And ONLY a Barf Bucket. I like it. That's it, I'm getting one.
Growing up we had a designated throw up pot. This pot was always given to us whenever we were sick and has been filled with more nastiness than I care to mention. Unfortunately this pot is also the designated rice crispy treat making pot and the chicken soup making pot and I am sure that it has a million other uses as well. It's really best if I don't think about it anymore.
I like when you blog with nothing particular in mind. It's much more interesting (not that your other blogs aren't interesting) and way way funnier! Keep up the random bloggings.
I am quite sure I drank out of the tooth cup because that is the kind of cup I like or maybe because Joseph gave it to me after I "helped" him with his homework when he didn't even want to do it.
Even though I'm glad you're not dead, I'm going to start sewing your dennim jumper with lots of pockets and machine embroidery for your new plush gig calling.
Never diss the RS.
That's the best idea ever. You'd be like a walking advent calendar.
Does your mom have ideas for RS teachers?
In case you're worried about me and my children driving to a stinking OB appointment when it's currently -20 out there with a -40something windchill - I called and rescheduled.
And Yomama cracks me up.
The hits with my little sister just keep on coming. First, she floors me with "I'm getting engaged" during her senior year of high school. Next came, "I'm pregnant!" after her 4-week anniversary. Yesterday, I got the news that she is expecting a girl, and plans to name her "Jazzly." I adore my sister, but seriously, is it possible that she is from another planet?
Now I'm asking myself how I ended up on this topic? I think it's because you mentioned baby names. Sorry.
So sorry May is sick! Puking kids is NEVER fun. As for the new calling - that was one of my favorites!
And thanks for the laugh - as I am sitting here in Iowa and it is like -40 or something like that outside - I needed it!!
Post a Comment