THE FREAKS AND GEEKS BOX SET ON DVD!
If you weren't lucky enough to see Freaks and Geeks during the short time it was on in 1999-2000, you missed out on something wonderful.
I can't say enough about this show. I think the back of the box sums it up when it says "achingly real." It also was hilarious, had awesome music, was extremely well acted, SO well written and perfectly cast. Like other magnificent shows I would put into the "well written and perfectly cast," category such as Arrested Development, it got canceled before it's prime.
It's also where this guy, along with a handful of other actors you'd recognize, got his start:
Dear Mr. Franco, me gusta mucho.

If you ever get the chance to sit for 18 hours straight with no bathroom breaks and watch the entire DVD set, don't think twice, just say "yes, please."
This is a clip of my favorite character, Bill Haverchuck. If you don't at least smile while you watch this clip, something is definitely wrong with you.
Ok, fine. What about this one?
And this is the song I've had in my head for the past decade. Especially the falsetto part at the end.
7 comments:
I'm not surprised that you're in the Freaks and Geeks club, but I never knew until this bright and shining moment! I watched it January 2005 at BYU; some pals in the wardy ward had the season on DVD. To this day I wonder what happened with what's her name and what's his name! I remember her getting on the bus to math camp and him disco dancing with that girl from the "You and I Both" Jason Mraz video and "Mean Girls" and think "NO! YOU'RE MEANT TO BE!!!"
My favorite was when we'd watch it deep into the night, and it would end and go back to the menu with the "Lady L" song playing OVER AND OVER AND OVER and we were about to pull out our hair or pull out our ears but we were all too tired/lazy to get up and turn it off.
One more reason to say that Annie G R is the bomb diggety, practically perfect in every way.
First clip shot in Napolian Dynamite's living room?
And word to all Irvine High alums: the lead girl - dark hair, can't think of her name, was dating one of your classmates last year. Believe that he was a year ahead of Annie.
Don't know if they are still together but you can get the identity from Annie G R.
You made my day- I just got a blast to the past. My dad and I used to watch the Garry Shandling Show. Must have been back in 1985. Have you heard that theme song? Another good one to have stuck in your head for 10 years.
Mom - I have no idea who you're talking about. But it's ringing a bell...sort of.
Camie - Freaks and Geeks was set in 1980...so no. If I ever heard the theme song, I wouldn't remember because I was a new born baby. And if you were watching it in 1985, my parents probably didn't let me stay up that late to watch it because I was in kindergarten. Oh, you just know I love reminding you that I am a child of the 80's. heh-heh.
i love sam, neal and bill. they are the best threesome that has ever graced american television.
and did you ever see Undeclared? judd apatow was the genius behind that too. it also only ran for one season in 2001. definitely worth watching.
I love you Fannie...always bringing smiles to this lonely boys existence every time I surf your blog. Tell your husband I love him too so he does not get jealous of what you and I have. Ethan
I watched every episode back wen it was on TV. Such a hysterical show!
Post a Comment