"Oh hey, I meant to tell you, I spent $500 at Target today on nothing but sparkly decorative pillows."
"Mmm-hmm."
"Ok, just never say I never told you because I just did."
"Mmm-hmm."
And 2 months later, the stack of books that was supposed to last him years has dwindled to zero. And then for the next 4 months, I get to hear about how he has nothing to read.
"Do you want me to pick you up something from the library?"
"Um...hey, wait a second. Why do we have so many pillows?"
"Uh...I asked my question first."
"And why are they so sparkly?"
"Yoohoo! Hey, look over here! Do you want any books from library?"
And he always answers no because he likes to hear his Dad's review of them before he reads them and the book withdrawal continues.
So, he's been out of books for months. This is Phase Two.
I know it's not his birthday yet but he really, really needed a good book. (Read: I really needed to stop hearing about how he really, really needed a good book.)This has nothing to do with Phase Two, but he brought me flowers for no reason last night. I'm a lucky girl.
9 comments:
I have similar problems with the book reading, maybe you should pass on the list of must reads!
How sweet.
Flowers and it's almost HIS birthday, not yours? WOW! What an awesome guy!
I love reading your blog! What an awesome husband you have.
what a tasty* couple you are!
*that term just came to me. remember EFY '98 (my first one) at santa barbara and the boys in our group (total hunks!) called good things "tasty"?
Have you heard of goodreads.com? My SIL just invited me to join and it's really cool. You can rate all the books you've read and share your ratings with people. I'll send you an invite.
Okay, I just discovered that you already are a member of goodreads! So I added you as a friend. Go's dad should join and then Go can get his recommendations and check them out from the library!
I've enjoyed many good books from the library of Ron and I agree, he's got good taste. Beautiful flowers, way to go GO (I always chuckle when I write go Go.) But what really excited me about this post was the news that there is a new Harlan Coben book... Yay!
GOOD BOY!
you're going to have to pay top dollar to lug those books home
Post a Comment