(...in which Doris gets her oats.)
Go turns 30 on Wednesday, April 30th. It is his golden birthday; a golden birthday for a golden boy.
Phase One of Operation 30 begins today with his favorite dinner with our favorite not-too-distant-cousins, the McCulloughs. (The McCulloughs have a "family tree" framed up on their wall. I was sitting in their family room one day and saw it from across the room and for whatever reason thought "There's gotta be some Callisters in there." (my MIL's side) I got up and looked and what do you know? There's Callisters in them-thar trees. Go and Paul are related. Did you just get the chills? I did.)
Grilled Sirloin with Citrus Salsa
Fiesta Black Beans
Rolls (He actually doesn't really LOVE these, but he'll survive.)
Something vegetabley that Camie is insisting she bring because she is silly like that
Instead of a cake - Ultimate Ginger cookies
Grilled Sirloin with Citrus Salsa
Meat marinade:
1.5 lbs. lean boneless top sirloin
1/2 c. soy sauce
2 Tbsp brown sugar
3 Tbsp lime juice
1/8 tsp hot sauce
1 clove garlic, minced
1/4 c. green onioins, chopped
Citrus Salsa:
2 oranges, peeled, seeded and chopped
1/2 tsp grated lemon rind
1/2 tsp grated lime ring
1/2 lemon, peeled, seeded and finely chopped
1/2 lime, peeled, seeded and finely chopped
1/4 c. green onions, chopped
1 Tbsp sugar
2 Tbsp cilantro
1 tsp seeded, minced jalepeno pepper
2 Tbsp orange juice
2 Tbsp rice vinegar
Chill salsa for at least 2 hours. Marinade steak in marinade for at least 2 hours, preferrably longer. Grill steak and serve steak with salsa.
Fiesta Black Beans
16-19 oz black beans, rinsed and drained
2 garlic cloves, chopped
1 tsp cumin
2 Tbsp olive oil
1/3 c. tomato juice or water
3/4 tsp salt
2 Tbsp cilantro, chopped
5 comments:
You just made my mouth water reading your yummy recipes! My lucky family got PBJ Sandwhiches today!
I think I may just fiesta my way on over to your place...YUM!
Happy Birthday! Hope it's a good one. It's a big year, it sucks being in your 30s.
DINNER WAS FABULOUS. Too bad your golden birthday passed long ago, Annie or I'd beg for an invite. ;) It's not just the culinary delights you cook up, it's the terrific company. Let's pretend you and I are related.
Theres ALWAYS some Callisters in there.
Post a Comment