Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Let The Madness Begin

It's happened. Ruby is officially aware and thus, enthralled with all things
Hannah Montana/Mylie Cyrus.
Sigh.

And you know I tried my darndest to expose her to quality female musicians.

"Hey Ruby. This is Joan Baez. Isn't she rad?"

"How do you feel about Tegan and Sara?"

"Mama Cass?"

"Some Ani Defranco with your Cheerios this morning?"
"Hey, here's Jenny Lewis. You'll like her."

"How bout a little Nico before you take your nap?"

"Ok, fine. Feist. Who doesn't love Feist?"
Nope. Mylie.


Oh well. I guess it could be worse.

14 comments:

Lindsay said...

I'm dying laughing right now.
Pee in my pants kinda laughing.
Definitely could be worse.
BUT did you see Miley on the CMT music awards. Or wait- maybe it was Idol. Anyways- she was getting down and dirty with the stage.
I see a shaved head incident in that child's future.

amanda said...

can i just say how deeply i LOATHE miley cyrus/hannah montana??? i 100% do NOT get her. or her music. or her 'tude.

oh ruby, my dear kin, PLEASE rethink this newfound love!

Matt said...

At least she doesn't like the High School Musical crew yet. Eck! I was forced to watch one of their concerts this week with a group of 5 to 10 year olds. The horror.
And thanks for the shout out about the two "gifts" I've been given for a short period of time in my life. Finally! haha!!! I heard they deflat just as easily...boooo.

Aby Runyan said...

You have my deepest and most sincere condolences on this one. I seriously fear the day this happens to Capri. I am PRAYING that Hannah Montana is no longer around and popular by the time she "becomes aware". Well actually she is aware but is still in the Disney Princess phase. She says, "When I am six I will love Hannah Montana." Six is gonna be REAL fun I can just tell.
luvs, aby

ericareynolds said...

Kate came home once talking about Hannah Montana. I told her she was not allowed to like her. And that was THAT! High School Musical will NEVER be played on my TV. It is against my religion. It's in the same handbook that talks about caffeine. You've seen it, right?

Anonymous said...

Yes, count your blessings! Very nice taste in music by the way. I spotted some beautiful Hannah Montana t-shirts at your favorite store Wal-Mart the other day.

Wendy said...

That's funny. I guess as long as she doesn't start wearing "character apparel" then you're ok.

MOMMACITA said...

Hey Grandma Garlock, maybe you could buy Ruby's love with a little Hannah memorabilia. Or extort a GoGo's CD from her mother. Worth a shot.

Mandy said...

Hee hee. I'm only laughing because both my girls are into her, too. They get the wooden spoons out and give "Hannah Montana" concerts all the time. Don't feel bad, I put on Beethoven's Mass the other day and Cadence said, "Great! Pirate music!" (the beginning is quite dramatic:)).

[BrookeO] said...

Worse?! We are fans of HM/Miley in our house....all your post comments are making me nervous, why are there so many haters?!

MOMMACITA said...

Hey. I just remembered. Tom and Caren watch Hannah Montana every day. Can't fight genetics baby. And you can count on that memorabilia.

Anonymous said...

We are HM fans and I can't explain why - other than the kid that plays Jackson is hysterical - very uninhibited, even on that stiff of a show. I hate southern accents - especially in men (sorry to offend any southern men) and Billy Ray is the worst, but the rest of them are a close second. There aren't words strong enough for how bad the acting is, that little squeak is another Carlton from Wings - can't stand him, the sets are terrible, on and on and on...BUT - the girls - at least Lily and Miley always wear really long shorts, there's almost always a positive message about what's most important, loyalty etc. and again, the kid that plays Jackson can mimic just about anyone and has great timing - just a horrible script. Say what you want, but I'd SOOOOO rather have HM running through my head as I drift off, than the seedy news stories that top the 11:00 segment.
And here is where I get to reveal that Grandma Hinkle saw the HM doll and thought that she looked so much like another cute long haired blonde girl back in the day...and that was even before the mod bangs! Aren't you glad you started this?

camie said...

I'm trying to decide which HSM/Miley/Hannah "thing" to get Ruby for her birthday...or maybe I'll get her some princess sneakers. No, I'll get the princess sneakers for May.

Leilana Warren said...

It was inevitable. :) Best of luck to you and your many hours of Miley Cyrus music now destined to be your future.