It's 1 a.m. and I'm not tired.
Eyes open, shut, my brain is wired.
Sheep, come now, do your job.
Do you want to be a lamb kabob?
I didn't think so, let's see you leap!
That should get me right to sleep.
1 - 2 - 3 - 4
This is boring. I'm out the door,
And down the stairs and here I am,
Awake and typing after 1 a.m.
Nonense! Nonsense! Googley goo!
Shooby-dooby-poo-poo-poo!
That last part was for my groom,
Who laughs at all things "bathroom,"
Always changing lyrics that he sings
To have to do with bathroom things.
Like bottoms, "B.M." and even pee,
Yes siree, he's almost 30.
And educated to the highest degree
And performing daily surgery!
It's not his fault, it is his mother's,
Who gave him 7 other brothers.
But I digress, what was I saying?
Oh yes, I really should be laying
Down to sleep but I just can't
So I'm blogging this late night rant
Of the injustice of insomnia.
And nothing rhymes with insomnia!
I'm not surprised by this at all.
Insomnia is a B.M. ball.
Eyes open, shut, my brain is wired.
Sheep, come now, do your job.
Do you want to be a lamb kabob?
I didn't think so, let's see you leap!
That should get me right to sleep.
1 - 2 - 3 - 4
This is boring. I'm out the door,
And down the stairs and here I am,
Awake and typing after 1 a.m.
Nonense! Nonsense! Googley goo!
Shooby-dooby-poo-poo-poo!
That last part was for my groom,
Who laughs at all things "bathroom,"
Always changing lyrics that he sings
To have to do with bathroom things.
Like bottoms, "B.M." and even pee,
Yes siree, he's almost 30.
And educated to the highest degree
And performing daily surgery!
It's not his fault, it is his mother's,
Who gave him 7 other brothers.
But I digress, what was I saying?
Oh yes, I really should be laying
Down to sleep but I just can't
So I'm blogging this late night rant
Of the injustice of insomnia.
And nothing rhymes with insomnia!
I'm not surprised by this at all.
Insomnia is a B.M. ball.
7 comments:
a bomb knee ya?
a tom ski tah?
in mom we rah?
there we go:
insomnia
in mom we rah.
have your husband perscribe you an an-be-yah-n
Oh please. Do you know how many people I know that read your blog and now I'm going to have to hear about this post from them?????
It was really pretty cute and bopping along fairly amusingly...
WAS...
why don't you try leaving that gem on the pew on Sunday?
Here I am a stalker of the blog, but I'm sure you know you have many of those. I knew Go from high school...BHS. (actually my little sis had quite the thing for paul back in the day)
First of all your mind is very clever at such early hours of the morning. Great poem. Secondly, my resident husband, who has lots of brothers, laughs at all things potty also... If people only really knew who there doctors were!
Congrats on the skinny pants and sorry about the insomnia.
the last line wins.
i loved the poem, but my favorite thing about the post is the label... Go, CRAP! Hilarious!
I'm just now catching up with all your blogs. I had to comment on this one because my boys think everything is so funny when they change it to poo-poo, poopy, poop, pee, bum-bum, bottom, or butt. They also like to throw in a harsh head, face, or penis. I thought it was a 3 and 4 year-old thing, but apparently it's just a boy thing. Great...
Post a Comment