Friday, April 04, 2008

I Made a Pilgrimage to Save This Human Race

I just heard Modern English' s Melt With You on a classic rock station. Since when did 1982 become classic?

5 comments:

Taryn said...

Annie, my students were born in the 90's. The NINETIES!!! Could that be any crazier??? To them, 1982 is classic rock.

(Which reminds me... earlier this year I was playing an awesome 80's mix before class one day, and one of my students said with a scowl, "Is this, like, music from the 50's?" It was, in fact, David Bowie. Oy vey.)

Meredith said...

Sssssshocking! Actually it's just because I was born in that very same year, and any way in which they are able to honor that, they eagerly cling to it.

Cassie said...

Wow Annie, that means I'm Classic! Can you believe I was an 82 baby?
Just wanted to drop a hello and tell you we think about you everyday when we walk by our masterpiece painting you did! I also love reading your blog, you make me smile!

camie said...

The other day I blasted "Respect" by Depeche Mode that happened to come on the radio and shouted to my kids, "This is the best!" then sang along. Meredith wanted to know why it was so good. I wanted to tell her when I used to sing it I was young, had no responsibility and blasted it in my little cabriolet convertible. A little different than listening/singing in a minivan full of kids in carseats.

MOMMACITA said...

I've never heard of that song. Now don't you feel Young and Restless?