Tuesday, December 18, 2007

For Their Daddy

Dear Go,
Even though we've been apart for six days now, you should be able to remember that I only tease and make fun of those I love, but just because you miss me and are therefore extra sensitive and pouty, I humbly ask for your forgiveness after making fun of the way you ordered your McDonald's meal while on the phone with me today. You did it with dignity, with fervor and with the passion of a man with a hungry stomach and no warm stove to come home to. I should have never laughed and mimicked the way you said "And a medium fry" with such gusto and the fact that I just knew you had given them exact change. Nobody can count pennies quite like you can.

Here is what you missed out on yesterday:

You know she dug her outfit.
Practicing her *elbow, elbow, wrist, wrist* wave. May has added "ponies" to her favorite things. Now the list reads: old men, pancakes, her blankie, boots, ponies.




Does this jacket look familiar? It shouldn't, because it's new. Grandma was appalled that I didn't bring a jacket with a more substantial thread count, so a trip to Target was made to soothe the savage beast. And I mean "beast" in the nicest way possible.

Here I am trying to convince May to at least look at the bunnies. I have discovered she is a fan of large animals, not small. Ruby, completely in her element.
Just a heads up, I suspect that next Christmas will be the Christmas when Ruby will ask for a pony.
For most of her pony ride, this is how May sat: leaned back, extra casual, like "What's up. I do this every day. Ain't no thang." We miss you and can't wait until Saturday.
Love,
Your girls

7 comments:

Mikey Garlock Family said...

What's up with tha hair of Ruby's! can Kylee have some? Can I have some?!?! No, I'm so not kidding.

Melissa said...

Ruby's hair is adorable. I love Zoomers! Next time we'll come meet ya!

MOMMACITA said...

I mean this in the nicest possible way. I had to look twice in each picture. Is it Annie? Is it Caren? Is it Annie? Is it Caren? Annie? Caren? AnnieCarenAnnieCaren?
My head is swimming.

[BrookeO] said...

Oh gosh! So cute!

Tam said...

Hi Annie, sorry to comment on a post meant for your man but I happened upon your blog a while ago and the girls and I have snooped back frequently . You're hilarious. Have a good vacation. Tamara Tuttle

Leilana Warren said...

You are looking HOT, mama! Love your new hair...super cute.

Graham Fam said...

So dang cute! Just love your girls on the ponies. Love May's boots.