Wednesday, October 03, 2007

Funktastic

I'm in a bit of a funk.  Don't know why.  Just am.  It's more of a mad funk than a sad funk.  For no reason.  It is a funk that would induce road rage if I were to be driving right now and someone cut me off, or actually if no one cut me off.  I would just rage for kicks.  For kicks and giggles, as my little bro would say.  I should call him.  Have a debate on oh, anything, doesn't matter.  If I was in a post office right now and someone cut in front of me in line, even if it was a big dude with a tribal tattoos around his biceps, I would say something.  And it would most definitely end in a growled "Don't mess with me, man."  To which he would probably do the half snort-half chuckle big guys are so good at and give me a look like "Lady, you've got peanut butter smeared across your shirt." And then I would look down at the peanut butter that May adorned me with and then I'd say "Don't even think about it, fatso.  This here's my snack." Oh, what I wouldn't give to be in a post office right now.  But it's 12:30 in the morning.  Maybe I should wake Go up and tell him he's not helping out around the house enough.  That could be fun. 

Here are some random tidbits that have nothing to do with my funk:

-May has been throwing up today and yesterday.  I keep smelling a phantom vomit smell every time I sit down at the computer, which is strange because she did not throw up anywhere near the computer.  I can't tell exactly where it's coming from.  I've got down on my hands and knees and smelled every square inch of the carpet in this area, which yes, is one of my more glamorous moments, but I still haven't found it.  It's driving me crazy and frankly, has kept me from blogging.  I should have May throw up around the cookies.
-Ruby has been drawing bird houses lately.  They are the cutest things I have ever seen.  I will post some of them when I'm in the mood to go through the tedious process of scanning and posting. 
-Today I made the best banana bread I've ever tasted.  I will post the recipe when I'm in the mood to  go through the tedious process of typing up a recipe.
-I made Julie an awesome CD yesterday and will post the contents of this CD when I'm in the mood to go through the tedious process of typing up a CD track list.
-I am not in the mood for tedious things.  They make me mad.  What also makes me mad is me still having to take Ruby's blood glucose levels (poke) at midnight and 3 am.  My present mood might be a direct result of this.  I Am Tired.
-Ruby has discovered The Side Ponytail.  This does not make me mad.
-Did you know you could be charged with a misdemeanor if you dump trash in an industrial park's trash?  Yup.  You could get slapped with a "Theft of Service" charge, which is a misdemeanor in PA.  How do I know this fun factoid?  Oh, Officer Wessler informed me of this just the other day.  He will be coming around any day now to get Go's official statement.  I'd rumble with him but I'm pretty sure an assault and battery charge of an police officer is a misdemeanor, too.

6 comments:

bethany said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
bethany said...

When someone throws up, I think it somehow sticks to me because I can always smell it afterward...for days...everywhere. It's the nature of vomit I guess. Don't the cops in your town have anything better to do than bust people throwing away trash? I bet there are plenty of people around there who change lanes without a signal-oh wait, maybe there's only one lane.

zeeny said...

Maybe your mood has to do with the throw up...throw up always makes me mad. I don't get mad at the kids, just at the stinkin throw up!

Julie said...

I would totally blame throw up. How can you not hate throw up? Thank you thank you for making a CD for me!!! I am SO excited. And honored :) And I would still love to hear the story of the trash.

[alisar] said...

Might I offer a piece of advice? Whenever you have an inordinate amount of trash that you need to get rid of - TAKE IT TO THE CHURCH. This is what I always do, the dumpsters are never full, the lot is not heavily patrolled, and if you get caught, you just have to repent. No biggie.
Secondly, I am secretly hoping to get a copy of the CD you're making Julie. "Gracie J's Baby Shower Mix" is one of my favorites.

Melissa said...

This may not be the best time to mention this given the content of this post, but I have always wanted a cd made by you...just a tidbit of my own.