Friday, October 05, 2007

BLAHG

Why am I blogging at 4 am?  Because I've been up all night throwing up and I'm sick of spending my precious post-vomit time, when the endorphins are running high, to clean the toilet when I mess it up again 5 minutes later.  I feel like crap.  As Ruby (a kid who has D mixed with vomiting is not a good thing, in case you were wondering) put it so perfectly when she was sick earlier today "I feel like I have the wrong body."  Yup.

Despite the vomiting, my mood has improved, strangely enough.   I think it was this: while the girls were bathing, they wanted to play (which is a great time to clean the bathroom, I've found) I was just sitting around doing nothing, watching them be crazy which is nothing new.  I opened up a cupboard, was going to reorganize it but got distracted by a set of curlers in there that I have used about 5 times in my almost 10 years of owning them.  So I put them in.  The result was fantastically ridiculous.  I looked like a Utah Mom in the early '90's.  Now I realize I probably just offended a handful of my friends and readers, but Utah-folk:  Be honest with yourself.  Think back to your Mom's 'do circa 1993.  I bet it was larger than life.  

9 comments:

[alisar] said...

I was going to blog right now, but I think I should go unplug my hot rollers first...

Kristen said...

And no picture???

Kristen said...

PS -And not to sound ungracious - I hope you guys get over the barfing flu or whatever it is going on in your house. I've been home with a sick kid for 2 days now. Thankfully, just a fever/cold/runny poo action so far. I'm crossing my fingers.

josieposie said...

Ugh, D + puking is the worst. It has landed us in the ER twice. I hope you are better than I am at 'sick day management' as they like to call it at our D clinic. As if there wasn't enough to worry about.

[BrookeO] said...

ummm..would a diet coke help any??

Graham Fam said...

Annie, you are seriously the funniest girl ever. I can just imagine what your hair looked like, next time I need a picture. How I miss you so much and so sorry to hear that you are sick. Get better soon.

Jessie Riley said...

UGH. I think you will now find where that Phantom Puke smell is coming from...

HATE being sick. MOM'S SHOULD NOT GET SICK... MOM'S SHOULD NOT GET SICK... MOM'S SHOULD NOT GET SICK!

bethany said...

A picture would have been ideal-didn't you guys do something funky to my hair sophomore year-or maybe I did it to myself. I just remember it being really, really bad.

Leilana Warren said...

Argh. Stomach flu is the worst. It was fun, we went on a family vacation with J's fam a couple summers ago on the beautiful Carolina coast and spent the time sharing a stomach virus. We haven't all vacationed together since. FEEL BETTER!