
Being with my mom for the past 11ish days has made me think of my childhood; it was a pretty good one, I have no complaints out of the ordinary besides her agreeing to let me be a wise man in the nativity scene when I was eight.
Shortly after this in-every-way-disturbing picture was taken, we
Shortly after this in-every-way-disturbing picture was taken, we
moved from Florida to California. In preparation for the packing, moving, unpacking, my mom did what any normal mother in 1988 with a VCR and cable would do: she taped hours and hours of the Disney channel for her kids to watch while she packed, moved and unpacked so that maybe, just maybe, they would stay out of her hair long enough for her to get something done.
I doubt her ploy was 100% effective but I am 100% grateful for those video tapes that still grace her bonus room cupboards. I hope to have a similar collection someday made up of these films of yesteryear, as none of them make me violently ill unlike the made-for-tv Disney movies of today.
High fives to anyone who is able to name all of these movies by name.
1.

2.

3.

4.

5.

13.



















16 comments:
Ooh Ooh!!! Me first, me first!
4. Apple Dumplin Gang
6. Oklahoma!
8. Sound of Music
9. Swiss Family Robinson
13. The Navigator (still have complete dialogue memorized)
17. Old Yeller
19. Mary Poppins
23. Benji
I had a few maybies, but will save for someone else!!! That was fun!
DOH! #20 is the Music Man
Wow - impressive list Annie! I only knew a few (and I am not 100% on all of these)
3. Flubber
5. Bedknobs and Broomsticks
8. Sound of Music
9. Swiss Fam. Robinson
12 Not quite Human
13. Flight of the Navigator
14. Savanah Smiles
15. Escape to Witch Mountain
17. Old Yeller
19. Mary Poppins
23. Benji
Did I get all those right?
I know a few more of these, but they were already mentioned. I love that you watched Mother Goose. LOVED that movie!! An under appreciated classic, for sure.
7. The Brave Little Toaster
11. Mother Good Rock n Rhyme
12. Not Quite Human (Which I always get confused with The Boy Who Could Fly)
OH MY! Flight of the Navigator, Savannah Smiles, and Bedknobs and Broomsticks were like my favorites. Do you remember Sarah Jessica Parker and her purple hair piece in Flight of the Navigator?! Thanks for making me smile!
Oh the memories! I was completed fascinated with Escape to Witch Mountain, can't count the number of times Katie & I laid on her Mom's bed eating Hot Tamales and watched Swiss Family Robinson.
Okay, ignore all of my grammar errors in the last comment (screaming children affect my ability to type).
Oh, and I forgot to comment on White Christmas, which Katie tried to show to our freshman year seminary class for the Christmas party day. We quickly learned that not everyone had our true love for it.
2. Darby O'Gill and the Little People
10. White Christmas (One of Leigh's favorite all time movies)
16. Happiest Millionair
18. Journey to the Center of the Earth
21. Samantha and the Lion
And yes, we spent a good amount of time thinking about the answers.
"Sisters, sisters, there were never more devoted sisters.... Caring, sharing, every little thing that we are wearing....Lord help the mister who comes between me and my sister, and lord help the sister, who comes between me and my man."
Can you tell I have four sisters?
brokeback mountain
Ah yes, White Christmas-the movie that Katie and Audra always wanted to watch. Personally, I loved Bedknobs and Broomsticks and sadly, we own Savannah Smiles.
Beth, that's not sad at all. In fact, it's glorious.
My childhood favs. were Oklahoma, The Ten Commandments, and Gone with the Wind.
My daughter was very happy to see the Brave Little Toaster. I'll have to check that one out! :)
Without looking at the other answers:
2. Darby O'Gill and the Little People?
3. Flubber?
5. Bedknobs and Broomsticks
7. The Brave Little Toaster
8. The Sound of Music
9. The Swiss Family Robinson
10. Thats Entertainment?
11. Some weird Alice in Wonderland remake?
12. The one where the kid is a robot.
13. Flight of the Navigator
15. Escape to Witch Mountain
17. Old Yeller
18 Journey to the Center of the Earth
19. Mary Poppins
23. Milo and Otis
25 Quantum Leap?
I know I probably missed most of them, but I'm pretty proud to have gotten any. Most of these really predate me.
And you don't need to try to figure out how we know each other. We don't, I'm a stranger to you. Hope I'm not intruding on your blog.
Post a Comment