Thursday, May 17, 2007

Like mother like daughter


(After tonight's "tubby time.")
Me: Ruby, go get your undies on.
Ruby: Mom. Do not say "undies." I don't like that word. Say "underwear."
Me: Fine. Go get your underwear on.
Ruby: And NEVER say "panties." I DO NOT like the word "panties."
Me: Ok. Go get your underwear on.

7 comments:

bethany said...

Ruby and I are kindred spirits.

[alisar] said...

I love saying "panties". Seriously. We all say it in our family - in a very cute Maryn voice. I hope we never stop. I guess we do have some differences Ms. Reynolds.

john said...

Do you need to know this? I am grossed out. seriously.

Kasey said...

Where do kids come up with these things! Todd has called "underwear" panties before and I had to put a quick stop to that. He'd get beat up at school if anyone heard him say panties.

Leilana Warren said...

Too funny. Kids are the best.

Jessie Riley said...

We call them PANITES to make Jaren CRINGE! I guess we'll have to stop when Porter is potty-trained... but until then, it's pretty FUN!

Shannon said...

Ruby is hilarious! I hate saying the word panties too. I love it when little girls talk like grown ups.