Here is a slide show of the devastation in our area. Most of the places show are places I frequent and roads I drive on a daily basis. Word of advise: mute your speakers. The music is awful.
Friday, September 09, 2011
The "Fludge"
If you haven't heard, there's been major flooding in our area. Major. Luckily for our family, we live up on a hill and we have a dry basement--unlike just about everyone else I know, and we're all safe. Other than being ordered to boil all of our water, conserve water and electricity, all is well. Though the storms are over, the rivers and creeks are still continuing to rise. Hundreds, maybe thousands of people have been evacuated and even though the kids haven't been able to go to school for the past 2 days and have been cooped up inside and ARE DRVING ME AND EACH OTHER CRAZY, I'm grateful to be in our safe home.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
I had a dream last night that there was water pouring in our foyer ceiling. (Not TOTALLY odd, we have had leaking in that room).
I told Jeff, in my dream, that he had to go into the attic and figure out what was going wrong. He refused saying it would be fine. I kept trying to make him understand that the water was coming in everywhere in that room. And that it wasn't even raining out! Again, he refused. I told him, remember this is a dream, that I'd go with him. He said I couldn't handle it because there were tons of animals up there. Racoons, possums, rabbits, etc. he said. "WHAT" I said, "we have TONS of animals in our attic!?" This was getting worse by the second. I told him he had to go up there and figure it out.
Then it got even weirder.
Jeff turned into Felicity. Yeah that's right. And it didn't even seem weird at all in the dream.
He/She finally went into the attic. I poked my head up to see a fully finished attic with storage up there and little animals quietly sitting around the edges. There were even 2 porcupines. I was thinking, "These animals are so obedient. AND why the HECK are we not using all this extra space!"
It was all very odd to say the least, and I was glad to wake up.
Water is just the worst. I swear every single problem we've had with our house or property has been water related. Lucky, like you we're on a hill and it spares us from a lot more.
luvs, aby
Oh my goodness, how scary! I'm so glad you guys are safe, and so glad that your house is on a hill.
So awful...and so sad. Sooooooo glad you live where you do (on a hill in a house that doesn't leak...not Pennsylvania itself) and so sorry for all those who don't.
Wow. That is a lot of water. Glad you are living on a hill!!
Glad you're safe. Natural disasters bring out the Christian in you and your neighbors. Lovely.
Post a Comment