Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Three and a Half Weeks is a Long Time


Strides taken during our month long trip back to CA:

-Ruby learned how to blow a bubble with her gum
-May learned how to whistle
-Ruby lost her 8th tooth
-And her front teeth finally started to grow in
-I bought my first ever big-girl perfume: Joe Malone's Nectarine Blossom and Honey
-Olive finally started being able to be fed a bottle once in awhile
-Sarah Eaton is now my sister in law
-Ruby learned how to do somersaults in the water
-I body boarded and body surfed for the first time in a couple of years
-May doesn't scream on the side of the pool anymore
-Olive grabs and holds onto things
-I can run three miles without stopping


Steps backwards during our month long trip back to CA:

-Ruby and May have forgotten how to obey me
-Ruby and May have forgotten how to say "please" and "thank you"
-Olive wakes up every hour, on the hour all night long

THIS CALLS FOR BOOT CAMP.


























Or a straight jacket.

4 comments:

Hansen Family said...

Yeah for running three miles!!! Why do kids forget to say "please" and "thank you" on trips?

Beth said...

Good luck with the sleep re-training. It is never fun, but always worth it. By the way I am very jealous that you can now run three miles. I am good for maybe a quarter of one.

Sardean said...

i gave up on sleep retraining b/c grandma does what she wants. ugh. good luck tho! i know it's really really hard.

ericareynolds said...

What? May can whistle? That's amazing. My sympathies on the sleep training. I hope it goes well. Give that Olive a big kiss on her chubbies from me. I miss squishing her.