Thursday, August 20, 2009

RAD.

It's official.
I need to learn how to play the harmonica.

8 comments:

bethany said...

I once gave Snow a guide to learning to play the harmonica along with an appropriate instrument. If you see him again, tell him that I said you could have it.

[AnnieR] said...

I remember that.

I also remember another "message" I was supposed to give him if I saw him on campus. Luckily I never did, but I did see him years later when he walked into our chapel in Iowa while on the med school interview trial. I'll have you know that even though I really wanted to, I didn't end up giving him the message--it wasn't exactly Sabbath appropriate...

Brandon Bridge said...

So I was sitting on my couch watching Jimmy Fallon (who I'm afriad I've fallen hard for!), just about dying when these guys came on! Aren't they amazing!? I agree the harmonica was rad, but I really dug the snare drum. So glad I got to see it again on your blog! When are we ever going to see you guys?

[AnnieR] said...

Kassidi,
Yah, I totally have a pretend crush on Jimmy. Though I admit it was definitely more raging when he was on SNL and he had a little more sex appeal or something and now he's just kind of a really likeable, handsome nerd. Which is just fine and I'm very comfortable being a married woman who has a pretend-crush on a likable, handsome nerd rather than a married woman who has a a very real raging crush on a funny guy with sex appeal. So it works out. Anyway...
And yah, the snare drum definitely makes the song but I feel like if I had to, I could probably play it without much a problem. I gots the rythym. But the harmonica? Not the faintest idea of how to play.

Hey, i have an idea! Come to PA!

Kristen said...

But my question is....what kind of lipstick has the staying power to play such a kick booty harmonica? I do not know....I do not know.

MOMMACITA said...

from a distance, her drum looks like a piece of corningware from the late 70's that I always made Chicken Divane in. And sometimes Macaroni and Cheese.


And sometimes Broccoli.

A drum would have been funner than casseroles or broccoli. so many regrets.

Tam said...

we dig it.

maines said...

That group is pimpstatus for sure. I think the chick in the green has scoliosis by the end of the song though. They need a taller microphone stand and snare drum. You know how in church when you're giving a talk and your mom and dad tell you just to look at the cultural hall curtain in the back so you don't get nervous. It looks like thats what the chick in the green was doing the whole time. -Cort