1. I ran in a 5K this morning. Though my time was laughable and I was embarrassed by the the varieties of the demographics of those who passed me, I never stopped running, which was my ultimate goal. I really should have trained beforehand. Maybe next time.
2. Does anyone else's kids get increasingly difficult, over-emotional, and even more demanding than usual as the summer winds down? Hm. School starts Monday. Breathe deep.3. I have a very mysterious rash on my hands. It looks like a chemical burn or maybe I sprayed my hands with something that acted like a sunburn propellant because in a spotty, spray-like pattern, it's darker than the rest of my skin and has started to peel and blisters whenever I work out. It's weird. I asked a derm guy about it and he said "Hm...looks like dermatitis." Gee. Thanks. He apparently forgot I was a resident's wife and I'm fully aware that "dermatitis" is a fancy blanket-term for rashes, all rashes, any rash at all. So even our smart, nice derm friend doesn't know. And YOUR WELCOME for not including a picture of a way nasty rash.
4. Go performed two reconstructive surgeries on a good friend of our's face last week. These were officially his first surgeries done on someone we know, per her request. I don't blame her. If I had to have anyone I know sew me up, it would be Go. Yes, he's mine but he is a detail-oriented, thoughtful, careful, steady-handed artist-genius boy.
5. It's almost September. But still August. Nevertheless, every year since I moved away from CA, it's around this time I start having anxiety about the impending winter season. I really, really wish I didn't do this. I used to think if I could change one thing about myself, it would be my nose. Then I accepted it's girth and focused my dissatisfaction elsewhere: to my ankles, but then I started working out regularly and they slimmed down a bit. Now I'd definitely be eliminating my seasonal depression.Or maybe chewing my gum in less a horse-like fashion.
It's a toss up.
5 comments:
Gee, I never knew one could slim down one's ankles. I am definitely going to start working out.
And good job on the non stop run!!!
I totally start getting anxious about the winters here too. I hate how cold it gets - Ug!
Good job on the run!!!! Amen on the winter thing. Jonathan, of course, wants to see a pic of your rash. I tease him that his answer is always "a hair follicle" (opposed to dermatitis)....but yours definitely doesn't sound like a hair follicle. hehe. Sorry you have a rash. If you want a second opinion, he's interested in seeing your situation. ...if you want. If not, I will let him feast on the nasty rashes in the big ugly books piling on our floor. =)
Those people who hate summer confuse me. Fall is nice enough, but it leads to winter every time. You go you 5k runner, you!
Nice job doing the 5k! That's awesome. I certainly couldn't just decide, "hey I think I'm gonna run a 5k today."
Post a Comment