Tuesday, June 02, 2009

"Hiking"

This week marked the official beginning of Go's plastic surgery training and official ending of his general surgery training. These last three months, he's had elective rotations and has had an AWESOME schedule, meaning: Monday through Friday, 8 to 5. This may be normal to the rest of the modern world, but to our family, it's been a whole new world. A new fantastic point of view. Yes, it was that good. Disney-song good. It was grand. It was glorious. It was dishes being done by someone besides myself. It was having him home for dinner every night. It was having him carry the girls upstairs up to their beds at a normal bedtime hour. It was being able to stay up late with him whenever we wanted. It was, well, fantastic. Aaaand all that came to a screeching halt yesterday as he started his plastic surgery training, woke up at 5 am, worked all day and night, didn't get home until almost midnight and woke up this morning at 5 to do it all over again. This will be the next 3 years of our lives. Just stating the facts. I'm excited we're halfway through residency but will miss him after being spoiled for three months. See ya in three years, Go. It's been real.

This past weekend, we went on what Ruby kept calling a "hike," but really, it was more like "a walk somewhere besides our neighborhood." Here are some pictures from our strenuous hiking adventure. Disclaimer: these pictures were taken with a point and shoot and most of them, not by me. Not that they're bad...again, just stating facts...

"Mom! Come sit in here with us! It smells like poop!"
Well, by all means. What better place to take a rest?This shot was taken after Ruby, because her blood sugar was high, had to pee really, really bad. A bathroom was no where in sight on our hike through the forest.
I helped her hang herself over the railing and got sprayed with urine.
I'm pretty sure I know why this little hut smells the way it does.

The girls looking out the poop-hut's windows. "Look, Mom! I can see my pee from here!"

A man and his baby.

The girls.

"AAALL-LUUUUV!"
translation: "Olive!"
this shot was taken during the "luuuuv" part.

This is what I do all day long, just not usually in the middle of a forest.

Refreshment.

Aw. How tender.

7 comments:

Taryn said...

Yes, I can see from your footwear that this was a very strenuous hike. You look GORGEOUS, by the way. Three children + a husband with a normal schedule for three months really agrees with you!
(Not that I don't always think you're adorable. You are, as Aunt Mary would say, the cutes.)

Beth said...

Ditto to what Taryn just wrote. The cutes for sure!

yomama said...

Wow - what's better than pics of the daughter, son in law and 3 darling granddaughters?
All those in a beautiful grove with that dappled sunlight!
And it's not even Friday.
SCORE!

Kristen said...

That stinks about his schedule - but glad you enjoyed the time you had...

Next time, have her pee in a diaper. Not that I've ever done it before in an emergency...never....um.....yeah....

Dehner Family said...

On your next hike I want a picture of Olive in your sunglasses, a picture of pee running down your leg and Go flexing his muscles while holding a scalpel. Mike.

MOMMACITA said...

Go has quite the guns. I never knew.

Aby Runyan said...

This was really great to see you guys in like, real life.

luvs, aby