Friday, June 05, 2009

All Three

Ruby: It was her last day of school today. She said she's both happy and sad. Happy "that she gets to take naps again" but sad because she "won't see her friends every day." Ruby loves to sleep. She's actually sleeping right now.

The First Day of Kindergarten: August 2008

The Last Day of Kindergarten: June 2009
May: The fashionista. She dresses herself everyday, from head to toe and decides on the hair style/accessories. I never know what she'll put together and very rarely do I make her change. I do, however, insist that her bottom crack not show, which happens most of the time because she has the smallest bum ever. Oh, she sooooo got it from me. (said very, very sarcastically)

"I want to weeeear my froggy boots, Mama.
Do you want to weeeear you boots?
I wike you boots, Mama.
Do you wike my boots?
Dey have froggies on dem."

Her current favorite pose.
It looks almost natural when she's sitting down
but not so much when she's standing,
but that doesn't stop her.
Olive: This one loves attention. Oh my. The flirting with the random public has officially begun. She smiles with her whole body--simultaneous wriggling and smiling. She sings/coos to the radio and has turned into a great napper but has started waking up more in the night than she used to. She's also an early riser--ready to party at 6 am every morning, which of course is a horrible combination for me but I'm hoping this will end soon and she'll settle back into only waking up once a night or not at all opposed to every 3 hours. She's working hard on sitting up and grabbing her feet. She's just about there with the grabbing but the sitting still needs some work.

Yes, Mom. You are seeing a faint dimple there.
There's another one on the other side, too.
Rejoice!
There's that foot I was talking about.

Still trying to grab the foot.I love it when she makes this face.

I love them.

8 comments:

yomama said...

WOW - totally worth the wait!!! Checked 3 times (or so) today and like I say - worth the wait.
I gotta believe that Olive's eyes really are not as dark as they appear in all her pictures - but every single one looks like totally dark eyes.
What a precious brood that I can't wait to smootch on!!!!

Hansen Family said...

I LOVE the pictures!!! I need to hold her soon PLEASE:)

Dehner Family said...

Oh the Garlock dimples... I love it. It's why I married Mike. I told him he must pass it on to each of our children.

camie said...

I love my children, too. BUT...how do you get children to:
1. Want to nap (or go to sleep at night)?
2. Pose and smile for a camera?
3. Sit in a carseat and smile?

camie said...

I love my children, too. BUT...how do you get children to:
1. Want to sleep?
2. Pose and smile for a camera?
3. Sit in a carseat and smile?

Alisha said...

Olive is captivating! Can't wait to meet her.

Ashlie n Jonathan said...

Oh I wish my children would sleep. They give that up completely 100% before their 1st birthday.

Love all the pics! They are super super super cute! All of them!

Jill T said...

I like how you have the 1st and the last day pictures. I always get the 1st day pictures, but I'll have to remember the last day. Fun to see how much they've grown in a year!