BLEHCK:
Time zone changes. A big pile of mail that when I walk past it, it morphs into a giant mouth and growls "GIVE ME ALL OF YOUR MONEY!" Piles of laundry. Meetings to attend. Grocery shopping to do. Meals to make. Tiolets to clean. A 5th birthday party to plan. Floors to mop. Classes to teach. Pictures to take. Weeding to do. A newsletter to do. A lesson to plan. Blehck, blehck, blehck.
So most of the pictures I took, I took with my Dad's camera and have not yet figured out how to retrieve them, so in a year or so, expect a random blog titled "Remember When We Went To Disneyland Like a Year Ago?"
There were other highlights of the trip besides Mickey and fish tacos.
-I saw my mother in law get knocked down by a wave.
-I beat my mom in Speed Scrabble a bunch of times.
(Hey, Mother's Day is over, guys.)
-Almost made myself sterile trying to get up on my brother's fixed gear bike.
-Saw the actor who played "Marshall" on Alias at the Farmers Market (which isn't a Farmer's Market at all, actually) in L.A. sitting with the most random group of people I've ever seen.
-Went to my old ward and saw my buddy Shannon and got to hear first hand that her little Elle will be leaving the hospital soon and was able to see another buddy, Natalie very pregnant.
-Got to see my brother-in-law Harry in action with my BFF's little sister which thrilled my soul.
-Spent the day with Go's cousin Chris who is a sweetheart and single and is now added to the list of single guys we know that I don't think should be single--not so much for their sakes, but for some girl-out-there's sake.
-Met my newest niece, Allison.
-Consumed many an Izze drink.
-Successfully dodged the crazy mail lady.
-Harassed my brother for awhile for being so lazy.
-Watched my Dad replace his back window on his car with a cardboard box after it got shattered with a rogue bungee cord.
-Watched my Dad fix my brother's car window.
-Watched my Dad try to fix the water heater.
-Didn't shower for a couple of days (due to said broken water heater), but really that's nothing new.
5 comments:
I am SOOOOO jealous that you saw Marshall!!!! I love Marshall. A lot. I miss him. I miss the good times we had with him.
what a good trip! Izze drinks = heaven. Leigh introduced them to me about a year ago. Changed my life.
did you notice that sarah and harry never stop holding hands? i think it's so cute. once they were all visiting in begas and they were sitting in separate whicker chairs about 2 feet apart and they stretched their hands across the ravine and maintained the phalangal contact. the rest of us eatons and jexies giggled a little bit, but SO CUTE.
and i really want irvine pictures, even if they come in november.
That sounds like a successful trip. Your BFF's little sister will soon be living in Vegas for a few months so the adoration between her and your bro-in-law may continue in full swing . . . JOY TO THE WORLD (you must sing that in an exuberant operatic voice). I love your blog.
i def fixed my window
Post a Comment