
I pick up the baby and my first instinct is to run back quickly and get a Caucasian baby. Then I looked at my cashier, who looks something like this:
*Note: This may possibly be the same cashier who I called Ruby "boogaloo" in front of.

May is getting an African-American baby for Christmas.
My husband couldn't be happier.
(For those of you that know Go, you are fully aware that the previous sentence was 100% literal and 0% sarcastic.)
10 comments:
You know what - I think you are awesome!
Holy crap, that is SO FUNNY!!!!
You're better than me - I wouldn't have worried about the cashiers feeling and I would've raced back for the white baby :)
I think that is great. I'm sure many black little girls have plenty of white dolls.
I was at Toys R Us on Saturday looking for baby clothes for Maryn's doll. A nice looking black lady was staring up to the top shelf and ranting on her cell phone about why the black babies had to be on the top shelf where no one can reach them. Apparently, your Toys R Us got the memo from corporate offices that all races need to be within in arm's reach. Good for them.
That's awesome. What a great attitude!
I just want to say that I swear I know that woman....
haha Love it!
The boogaloo story still makes me laugh every time I think about it.....
Good for you! I'm sure she will love that baby no matter what. That's the great thing about them, they love their dolls no matter what they look like. It sure made me laugh!
That's so great. Love it.
Post a Comment