Friday, November 23, 2007

Names-ee

I think it's kind of amusing when people name inanimate objects. Some people name their cars. My Grandma named her minivan "Blueberry." Bet you can't guess what color it was. My dad always named his fountain pens: "Blue Boy" and "Goldy", with the threat that if any of us touched them, he'd draw a heart on our bottom. I'm remembering a third pen named "Sportsfan" but I might have dreamt that. I find it interesting that the only one of us that ever actually got a heart drawn on their bottom is the only one of us that now has a tattoo. (That's what you should have gotten done, John--a heart on your bottom, then maybe Dad might not have minded as much.)

The girls and I were coming back to out to our car from Wal-Mart (spit!) a couple of days ago while having this conversation:

Ruby: Mom?
Me: Yeah?
Ruby: Can we name our car?
Me: Sure.
Ruby: What should we name it?
Me: Well, we could give it a normal person's name--that's always funny. Or we could name it with something that has to do with the color grey since it's greyish.
Ruby: No...something else.
Me: Well, you think about it and get back to me.

This morning she got back to me concerning the matter. The top two names in the running:
"Rainbow" and "Drive-ee"

1 comment:

Graham Fam said...

That is the best car name I have ever heard of. I just love little Ruby and what she comes up in her head. She truly thought about this one.