Sunday, September 02, 2007

Time to break out the shoulder pads

Today I was called as the Relief Society secretary. Now all I have to do is find some pearls, some flowered dresses, and get myself some supportive pantyhose to seal the deal. And don't be surprised if you see me sporting the following three sweaters:



I was turned onto this website by an IA friend. This sweater lady kills me. I especially love the titles she gives each one.
"Butterfly Tears", "Mesquakie Keno", and "Breath of a Criminal" are shown above.

You can find more gems like these here:
http://www.lesliehall.com/gemsweater/gallery/gallery1.htm

11 comments:

Ashlie n Jonathan said...

Hey girlfriend, I am not sporting any sweaters, and I have the same calling. ;) I serve with three 50+ year olds, and then me. You'd think there would be plenty of sweaters between the 3, but fortunately, we don't see everyday attire. ;) They really are sweet ladies and a pleasure to work with. =) I hope you like it. I was just called end of July. But, I have to admit, your post IS VERY funny! =0) Did this sweater lady work at Sierra Vista?!

Emily said...

The sweaters are LOVELY, but how is that hair possible? Seriously, there must be a ton of hairspray used during these "fashion shoots." You'll do great Annie. I don't want to brag but I just got called into Primary. Sunbeams. Thank goodness!

bethany said...

In response to the comment left on my blog: Remember the time you made me Carmex necklaces? Nice. What if I said I still wear them-I don't, but what if?

ericareynolds said...

If I've told you once, I've told you a thousand times: stop being so righteous! You've got to show up in a short skirt with your G's hanging out every once in a while. Don't forget to throw in a few radical comments during a Relief Society lesson or two...you know, something about how you watch TV on Sunday and hang out in your sweats. Good luck with the new calling. Hee. Hee.

Kasey said...

How fun! The secretary in my ward is a young girl and she's totally hip. You can do it too. Just because those sweaters are super cute doesn't mean you have to wear them. Give someone else a chance with them. =)

[RochelleG] said...

My stomach hurts...can't stop laughing...I love it!

[alisar] said...

I agree with erica - you need to bust out the short skirts more often - I would add that it would be infinitely more effective if there was not a trace of garment to be found. Secondly, why don't we just go out and get the nose studs we've been wanting for the past ten years and call it good?

ericareynolds said...

Hmmm. I like the nose stud idea. However, I think a tattoo of your favorite temple on some visible chunk of flesh would really do the job. You know, just enough righteous to really confuse everyone as to your true intentions. Oh, and I really think I might buy one of those sweaters as a Christmas gift for some of the women in our family. I think it would really make the hours and hours of gift opening much more enjoyable for me. I wonder which one Sarah would like....

[alisar] said...

I like Erica's style.
And Annie, you need to tell me what you think of Memory Keeper's Daughter. I read that one last year. More food for our upcoming, though as yet unplanned, reunion.

Julie said...

Congrats Annie! You will be awesome. I can't wait to see the pictures with your temple tattoo :) Or maybe a big CTR logo. Awesome.

Julie said...
This comment has been removed by the author.