Saturday, September 22, 2007

May Bone

Last night Go and I were on a date (thankyouthankyouthankyou to Uncle Paul for babysitting) and we were talking about our kids, something we try not to do when we're out alone, but my children have a way of pushing themselves into my brain, even when they're not there.  They are big hassles and huge  inconveniences, really.  
Oh come now, I'm only joking.  Kind of.

We were talking about Ruby, about how Diabetes has aged her, which is especially unfortunate
because we've always thought of her as an "Old Soul" even before she was diagnosed--wise beyond her years, always worrying about everything, constantly observing everyone, analyzing
 all situations, etc.  

And then we decided that May was a "Labrador Retriever Soul:" especially, goofy, playful,
 loyal, sensitive, cuddley and mischievous.  She is also quite fuzzy.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Boy can I relate to one's children being big hassles and huge inconveniences.

Audra Bollard said...

What is it with the second child? Ours is particularly animal-like as well. Although he's more hairy than fuzzy. She is precious in that picture though!

[BrookeO] said...

genius!
Maybe I need to checkout "how to get your mutt to follow your commands" from the library!

Bullard Family said...

I really needed to read this today. I told Mike last night I was regressing with the whole accepting Mykahs Diabetes thing. I think I may be outof the shock phase and realizing it really never leaves...ever. I love reading your blog, it makes me feel not so alone. It helps that your kids are so cute too.

Graham Fam said...

Amazing how they come down with such unique personalities. Love the pics with you and the girls. May is adorable.