This is a picture Ruby drew the other day. On the left side of the page is a monkey swinging on a vine above a tree. A very tall flower is in the middle. On the right side of the page is a road, drawn with perspective in mind, though I've never taught her about this particular art element, she came up with that all on her own. She wanted her picture to have "texture", another element I've never gone over with her, so she cut fringe all around the sides. Art just seems to come to her naturally. By the way, her upcoming show is this Saturday night. I'll be the one wearing a tux, passing around salmon puffs and brie.I do what I can to encourage this particular talent, so I keep out all kinds of art supplies, everything stuck in glasses and kept on a serving tray as the centerpiece on the kitchen table, an idea I stole from Jessie. It's been a lifesaver for the both of us. It lets me have a few moments of peace without her literal non-stop talking, resulting in me not duct taping her mouth shut and keeping her out of the custody of child protective services. Thanks again, Jess!
5 comments:
I hope that I will be able to encourage Jak's artistic talent (if he has any-looking at his parents...probably not) like you do Ruby's. It's such a great idea to keep "art stuff" laying around for her to use.
That is AWESOME! I am not surprised, but it is still SO SO great! I would love to keep art supplies on the table...when we pull the tub out, they spread the entire table (and not because I have tons of supplies), and all over the floor. Lauren takes over from there and doesn't keep it on paper yet. Maybe someday. They will probably catch up to my stick figure masterpieces pretty soon. What an amazing and special talent you both share!
I only WISH I could take credit for the BRILLIANT idea! But, alas... it is just another copied idea from someone else. I think it was on Heidi Swapp's blog. SUPER FUN THOUGH.
Aspen is NOT artistic, she likes to draw LINES! But she really enjoy's the art suplies to draw her LINES all over the place!
Oh the many things we have to thank Jessie for--I just thanked her in a post I put on my blog today!!! I love how Ruby uses words like texture!
Only a child with such an artistic mom could draw such a beautiful picture. Love it. How is Ruby doing? My niece has Diabetes and it is so so Hard. She is 6 and has had it for 4 years now. I feel so sad for you, but know how awesome a mom you are. How long has it been now?
Post a Comment