Monday, January 29, 2007

Top Ten Reasons Why I Get a Complete Kick Out of My Husband


10. He had longer hair than I did on our wedding day.
9. He uses old man phrases like "That's hogwash!"
8. He keeps his things in their original packaging.
7. He has made himself the exact same breakfast everyday for the past 5 years.
6. He will NOT watch a movie twice.
5. He has superhuman concentration and focus when he reads and when he's not reading, he's observing every single thing about everything and everyone around him. He misses nothing.
4. He washes the windshield while the gas is pumping, no matter how frigidly cold it is outside.
3. His favorite pair of gloves have no fingers.
2. As a child, he hid all of his baby teeth in a little bag behind a framed painting that hung in his room. He finally unearthed them while we were visiting there this summer.
1. I thought he was going to propose to me all over again when I brought THESE home from the grocery store for him:

7 comments:

Audra Bollard said...

I have a mother with an olive fetish, so maybe I have my new mother's day idea! And, nothing personal against Brandon of course, but that teeth story is seriously disturbing (and hilarious). It made me laugh out loud! You will never be bored being married to him for eternity, even if he has olive anchovy breath :)

I think you should let Brandon do a top 10 for you next.

Annie said...

Aud, Oh an equivalent of a top 10 has been done. About a year ago in my old ward, the RS presidency requested all of the guys to write a paragraph about their wives, unbeknownst to us. Those paragraphs were then read by an MC over the sound system while we walked up onto the cultural hall stage. In his paragraph, the word "booty-licious" was used more than once.

Audra Bollard said...

Oh wow! I would've loved to see that. Once again, glad you two could provide some entertainment for the rest of us.

KatieB said...

i want to hear the bootylicious paragraph. oh, and there's nothing wrong with stashing your baby teeth somewhere....mine sat in a beautiful porcelain dish (with lid) from england in my mom's living room for years. (in her defense, i don't think she knew all those bloody teeth were in there....)

Kristen said...

My mom told my dad to clean out the junk in his chest of drawers. To her horrer this included throwing out all the babyteeth (mine and my brother's). She doesn't let him clean out his stuff now because of this. Why mom thought she needed to keep them, I do not know.

And as a side note. WE BOUGHT A MINIVAN TODAY!!! HOLY CRAP WE ARE OLD!!!!! But it's awesome, seriously, awesome!

Melissa said...

I'm curious what he eats for breakfast. And I think that's ironic that he won't watch a movie twice considering you and your relationship with "Reality Bites".

Annie said...

Breakfast: a shake made with some funky chocolate protein powder, juice, peanut butter, chocolate ice cream and a banana.
And just for the record everyone, the last time I watched "Reality Bites" the year was 2000. Yes, I probably watched it 250 times that year but not since then. Now ask me how many times I've seen Napoleon Dynamite and you've got a four digit figure on your hands.