I am an artist. I've had trouble with saying that sentence my whole life but I've finally decided that that's what I am and I shouldn't down play it. I have always said "I was an art major in college" and just brush it off like it's not part of my life anymore but it is. I'd like it to become even more a part of my life and I think I would be more likely to do things if I knew people would see them; I'd start being accountable for my artwork, so this blog will now be featuring my work in hopes that it will motivate me to start up again. I've taken a break for the past couple of months and have started doing more "crafty" things but it's time to get back to "real" artwork and I'm hoping by putting myself out there that it will motivate me - the more I do it, the better I will get and I'd really like to get better. So here are somethings I've done/been working on during the past year: paintings, drawings, sketches, etc.
So here is a painting I started about a month ago. Obviously, it's not done yet. I have also included the photo that I'm painting it from. It's 24"X36". I will post pictures of this painting for any of you interested in the process. If you're not interested, well then, don't look at it. Simple as that.


I get stuck on things sometimes and they don't get out of my system until I do something with it. For a long time it was oranges. Then it was circles inside of circles. Right now it's chairs.

Here is a bunch of drawings/sketches from my sketch book.
7 comments:
annie, you are amazing. your work is gorgeous.
I don't think I've ever told you this, but it's my hope one day, before you become to famous and expensive (and since I knew you during your struggling artist college days) that I can beg you paint something to hang in my house--someday when I have a real house worthy of hanging gorgeous original artwork in! I'm so glad you keep up with this (and I bet your mom is too).
You have always been "an artist" to me. Everything about you, from the clothes you wear to the books you read, tells a story. You have an eye for the uniquely beautiful - I'm glad you are now confident enough to say it out loud now. I LOVE the chair piece!
Do you think you would ever sell a piece of art to someone? And when I say someone, I mean me. I'm being serious-I, like Audra, want a piece of artwork from you. I have always loved your art-remember the time you painted the fish and the clouds one and you threw it away and wouldn't let me have it? I still don't think I've forgiven you for that. I can remember art laying all over the living room floor in the Colony-a ballerina with an ice cream cone head? I think it was when you were only eating lime chips. :) I'm jealous of your talent!!
I know how you feel. And I'm so happy that you are embracing it and maturing...yes, maturing! I was telling a friend how much I missed my "fun" with singing. And she said, "Of course you miss it, you're a musician and your heart misses it." I get so rolled up in this science I kind of forget that I am also a musician too. I hope to find time to do both someday.
Go Annie! I so love your style, even your simplest sketches. We just read Grace her book again the other day, and I just looked at it for a long time, it's so perfect. I admire you for following your dream!
PS- I don't understand why I can post on your blog, but not the medschool one...
I love it! Very impressive Annie, I'm glad you're not going to downplay your talent anymore. Keep posting art!
Post a Comment