Tuesday, August 07, 2012
In Vegas: Friends with Senior Citizen Benefits
I've had a couple of people ask if I've made friends yet. This is apart from my pre-existing Vegas friends and family--you guys don't count. Ha! So have I made friends? The answer is no. I haven't made friends--plural. But I have made "a" friend--singular...and she's rad...and she's about 65+ years old. My MIL teaches water aerobics in her pool several times a week, and women of all ages come to work out. After the class is over, some of the mothers stay and "swim their kids", as the term goes here in Vegas. Most of the time I go out and swim my kids as well. One day a couple of weeks ago, only my girls and I were out there, along with an older woman and her grandson. We hit it off, this woman and I. We totally clicked....and we have a play date scheduled at the Children's Musuem. She can get me in for free with her AARP card. Just kidding. She can get me in with her museum membership, which has nothing to do with her age...but she is a senior citizen...and she is my new friend...and I totally dig her.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
I love that you are blogging once again.
You should be friends with my sister in law Megan. She's in your ward, ps.
And she is also, totally rad.
I have no idea if there was supposed to be a comma there or not but it looked cool so I left it there.
I really don't understand commas, period. But don't tell my sixth graders.
That is awesome. Making friends is hard. I think you have this ideal window during med school and residency, when you are meeting people with young kids and you all need to get out of the house and hang out in parks and museums and then, by the time you're done with all the training, you have to move and your kids are older and in school and you're busy and everyone else is busy and everyone is nice but...no friends! OK. That sounded depressing. Maybe that is just my experience. Um...worst comment ever??? Seriously, you have fun at that childrens museum. I see discounts galore in your future!
We don't attend the El Camino ward. We go to one of my BIL/MIL's in the north west part of town.
Post a Comment