Friday, November 11, 2011

Juniper: Week Three

I spoke too soon. Zantac worked for like two days. Filling a script for Prilosec next week, which in the mean time will feel like a life time. When she's not acidy or gassy, she's a sweetie. Unfortunately, she's acidy and gassy most of the time she's awake, which is problematic for nursing and sleeping and really hard to deal with in general. I'm also cutting even more out of my diet in hopes to alleviate some of the gas. Hopefully we'll get some positive results with these changes and get her figured out soon. I have faith we will--we better because I'm pretty determined to keep nursing. Here she is in a sweet moment.

7 comments:

yomama said...

Oh my gosh, I can just feel the nuzzling. That teeny little crook of a neck.
And I'm betting there are a few baby pictures at Grandma and Grandpa Reynolds that look mighty close to this one!! Wow.
Unrelated to that statement (thought I'd better make that clear!), I feel so bad for her, you and the rest of the household (with her digestive struggles).

Katie said...

Poor little angel! Hang in there, amazing how you think you have this baby thing down and then something new gets thrown at you. Good luck!!

[RochelleG] said...

So sorry she's having a hard time. It's so sad when they are in pain and you can't find exactly what will help. I'm so nervous to have a baby in the house again. I'm gonna be lost in the sauce! She is darling though.

Ali said...

I'm sure you have some awesome docs involved in Juniper's GERD, but here's our experience, if it helps.
My daughter had milk/soy protein allergies and (still has) GERD. It took us much longer than you to figure it all out, but when we did, the pedi and GI both told us that it would take at least 2 weeks on the new meds and at least 2 weeks after each elimination to really know how things are going b/c it can take time for the gut & esophagus to heal. I also had to eliminate all dairy and soy before we saw a big difference. Not sure how this applies to a three week old - hopefully she'll heal and respond faster. Good Luck! You can totally do this! PS - on the plus side, elimination diets are a great way to jump start the post-baby diet

Meredith Hayes said...

If I were there I would get the new medicine for you STAT. Until then, I'm holding the best of thoughts and tomorrow I think I'm getting a new iPhone (my old one gave it up for good a few weeks ago), so you can kick my bottom at WWF round the clock, not just when I'm sitting down at the desktop and on FB.

Dallan and Ashley said...

I know your sister in-law Julie, anywho my friend had a baby with this problem and she started taking brewers yeast daily and it was a night and day difference for her babe. You should give it a shot! Best of luck!

Kira Cook said...

Owen didn't have GERD necessarily, his stomach just decided it wasn't going to close completely for a few months. He was on baby prevacid and it totally worked (if this new medicine doesn't). That at I had to pump so he didn't really have to "work" for his meals. Hopefully it doesn't come to that.