Monday, December 06, 2010

Blaaaaahg

It's probably no surprise that I've started many a blog post with this exact title lately: Blaaaaahg. And I never even finish it to the point where I can post a complete thought. I just have been blah about blogging lately, but because I have the slightest urge to blog, I figure I should, though it's going to be pretty boring, I should warn you.

Lately:

- We went to Pittsburgh for Thanksgiving and partied with our great pals, the Ringgers. The Jacksons were missed. We figured this was either our 8th or 9th year doing Thanksgiving together. Sniff. It's so nice to have good friends that are more like family so close by. When you love your friends as much as we love the Ringgers, four hours seems really close. It took us six hours to craaaaawl back home on the turnpike Sunday and I still found myself being grateful they are just a drive away.

-We decorated the house for Christmas. I love it. I snagged a relatively inexpensive fresh 25 foot garland and divided it up in three pieces, so even though we have a lead-ridden fake Christmas tree, we have the smell of pine wafting from our staircase, from around our front window and from the top of our book case. Or so I'm told. I haven't been able to smell it yet but anyone who comes to our door has commented on the yummy smell emanating from our house, which I'm willing to bet money is far better than the usual smell of sweaty work out shoes which are located in a big box near the door. Mmmm-mmmm-mmmm...is that Nike I smell?

-I've been busy with photoshoots and Etsy orders. Kind of up to my eyeballs but I'm grateful for them.

-Laundry. Cleaning. Laundry. Cooking. Laundry. Laundry.

-Anticipating our upcoming trip back home to Irvine and Vegas. It's gonna be a short one, folks. Waaaah.

-Talking and talking and talking about our life in 1.5 years. Start up our own practice? Join a network? Join a practice? Beach? Mountains? Desert? City? New Zealand for a year? Hawaii? Sustainable prefab house? Track home? Loft? Bungalow? Public school? Home school? Charter school? Babies? Chicken coop? Goat Farm? Art studio? Laundry.

7 comments:

Melissa said...

I had noticed the lack of posts from you lately. And echo your blahhhhg-ness. I need to get back on the wagon! I vote So Cal in a year and a half...just saying.

S.A.R. said...

good to hear your blogging voice.

Kurt & Shawn said...

I did not read, eastcoast, northeast, midwest, southeast! What gives? You haven't been laking and houseboating with the favorite auntie and uncle or you would have put that in the mix. I'm just sayin!!!

Lori said...

It’s official. It’s possible to miss someone you don’t even know when they’re feeling blah about blogging. No worries, I just went through your entire archives … again … okay, really I didn’t … but I thought about it … maybe all too seriously. And as far your life in 1.5 years … my fingers literally freeze up when I try and put in my plug for "the desert" … when desert is sitting in the company of such greats as “New Zealand” and “beach” … yeah, I’m going to just sit back down now and keep to myself. I have nothing more to add at this time.

[alisar] said...

I'm sitting here trying to decide which one of you I miss the most.
It might be Ruby for the constant inspiration I soak in from being in her presence.
It might be May for her tinyness and that gorgeous freckle above her left eyebrow.
Maybe it's Olive for the way she lets me hold her like she's my own.
Or Brandon because of the ways he can let loose after 4.5 years of 120+ hour work weeks.
Nope. It's you. Just for being you. For the way we looked at each other in the kitchen after that one comment was made (you know the one I mean) and had a million-word conversation with our eyes, then cracked up while our husbands looked confused. I miss you friend. Thank you for coming.

Tasha said...

Be an employee of a hospital. Trust me.

Tasha said...

Be an employee of a hospital. Trust me.