May May turns 5 on Thursday. I can't believe it. We celebrated with a bunch of her little friends last Saturday with a Beauty Shop themed party. We painted nails, did make up, applied lotions and perfume. The girls had fun and felt pretty.
May wanted our house to look fancy. I think these tissue paper pom-poms did the trick.
Pre-party dance party.
Cute little partyers.
It was fun.
10 comments:
those pom poms are super cute! did you make them? and how!
I did! Here's the link:
http://www.marthastewart.com/how-to/tissue-paper-pom-poms-how-to
It called for 8 layers of tissue paper but I wish I had used at least 10 for the big ones. They would have looked more like Martha's. I know Martha used more. She's always setting me up for failure, that wretched woman.
Coolest party on the block.
happy birthday may!
I bet your mom is in heaven with all these pictures.
Your house always looks so fresh and inviting.
Crazy that May is five. I think I remember when she transitioned out of her crib. I could get really mushy, but I'll control myself. Lovely little May!
Tam is correct! Great pictures - and alot of them!!! Loved every one - and loved the inclusion of the pre party dance party.
Can't put a price on great memories!
What an excellent idea to do a beauty shop theme! I'll keep that one tucked away for my own later use. And how many pompoms did you make? That would've taken me all day. But they are worth it, honey. Very fancy. I'm sure May felt very special.
What a fun party idea and the pom poms are adorable.
Looks like lots of fun- Camille had a great time! I like your new furniture and your vintage maps above.
Fun party! I'll have to remember that for when my girls are older. I love your house, it is so cute! I need help decorating mine.
Post a Comment