Here is my Before Kristi Approved picture and my After Kristi Approved picture.
Just kidding.
*My Mom and husband have given me a hard time for not taking my "after" picture in the same swim suit I wore in my "before" picture. Wearing a swim suit this morning probably would have shown my results better and more positively but I was going running and I just wanted to do it while I had Go there.
Gah. I look at my before picture and cringe. Seriously cringe. I am not seeing a person completely comfortable with her body. I'm seeing someone who is in denial. And someone who is tired. And someone who is getting frustrated with the past 30 minutes she has been trying to help her daughter take an un-blurry picture, but can't seem to to save her life.
My first twelve weeks of the program have ended and I am 13 pounds lighter, 6 inches smaller around my waist and 4 inches smaller on my hips, though I have to say, where the book says to take your measurement each week isn't the place on my hips where I saw the most improvement (a couple of inches below that, I'd say (yes, those would be saddlebags) but I never did my measurements there) but that's ok. It's not the numbers that I was really aiming for anyway. What I do know is that I have my waist back, I'm less thick in weird places like my neck, back, armpits (ew!), and my pants are definitely looser. In fact, jeans that once were hard to button, I can actually just pull straight off my body without buttoning, which is a pretty good feeling. I'm more toned. I'm stronger. I feel better. To be honest, though, I'm a little disappointed in myself because I didn't do the entire 12 weeks perfectly. It was more like I did the first 8 weeks perfectly 100% and then did the last 4 weeks at 50%...or less at times. When I found out about Ruby's Celiac Disease, I suddenly had to focus on what she needed and how to cook for her and this new lifestyle for our family, so preparing my Kristi Approved meals went out the window. I tried to make good choices but I feel like if I would have done the next 4 weeks perfectly, I would have lost more but that's ok. You can only do so much, you know? I have the option of continuing, but I'm not going to. I feel like because of countless hours of nutrition classes for Ruby's Diabetes and now Celiac, I can do this on my own. It won't be as easy or straight forward on my own and my continued weight loss won't be as speedy but I'm trying not to get overwhelmed right now and so I'm just going to do the best I can with less structure and try my best to stay in control. I think what I loved must was that the program has changed my relationship with food, which needed to happen. If I can maintain this frame of mind where I'm not obsessing over food, anticipating when the next time I'm going to eat and what that will be and how that will impact my emotions, not to mention the constant overindulging, I'll be in good shape. Right now, I'm just focusing on cooking healthy food for my family. I'm feeding a Diabetic with Celiac Disease now and my #1 priority in the kitchen is to make her as healthy as possible.
Winning this Kristi Approved 12 week program was such a good thing, it kind of makes me teary eyed to think about it. I feel so much better compared to how I felt 12 weeks ago and more empowered. I couldn't have done it by myself. If you need a jumpstart, structure and an easy "THIS IS WHAT YOU NEED TO DO AND HOW YOU DO IT" step-by-steps, you should consider this program. I was never hungry. I LOVE the exercises. I loved how simple the meals are and thought most of them were tasty-tasty. During the 12 weeks, I missed cooking but like I said, I needed to change my relationship with food, and this did it. Now I can go and cook with a different perspective--what ingredients will be the best for my body but also taste the best rather than what am I craving right this second and if I ate that thing, it would make my mood so much better, wouldn't it and let's eat all of it right now like it's going out of style. I also loved lifting weights, which I had never really done before. I was a total cardio junkie but now I feel a little more well-rounded physically, so to speak. It was just the change I needed to make.
Anyway, Kristi Approved rocked. I highly recommend it.


19 comments:
Annie, I'm so proud of you! You look fantastic! I'm totally going to do this after my baby is born. I too need a new relationship with food and it sounds like this is the way to go. Good job!!!!
Annie, don't you know that your afters are supposed to be taken sporting a spray on tan, string bikini and a 1/2 cup of oil?
You look awesome!
You look amazing. Tiny. Buff. I love it! Good work. You are an inspiration to us all!
Um-you look incredible! Really toned up & tiny. I need this now!!
Annie, you look fantastic! Good work. You earned it.
Thanks for sharing...and awesome job!
I almost clicked on "post this" (as in post it on my blog) instead of "comment". Oops. I don't know if you would have been too happy with me.....
Anyway, you look fantastic! Great job staying focused. That (for me) is the most difficult part for sure!
You look hot Annie! Nice work.
you have space between your thighs. I want that! Very impressed Anniekins.
You look great. Just less of you to love.
Wholeheartedly agree with what you said about the program. Shocked that I like the weights as much as I do (but when you are a 55 year old beginner using 2 lb weights in your pajamas for 15-20 mins a day...what's not to like?)
Shocked that I don't mind eating the same thing every day for a week at a time - though both your dad and I think that it's because there is such a variety within the day. Not so shocked that I'm loving the new fit of my clothes.
Anyway, you look great!!!
Hotness. Good for you!
I don't really know why, but reading this made me think of me and yomama sitting in the cougar eat eating salads. When you bouth them they had one cherry tomatoe on them. THen we would buy a cake and sit and eat that.
Then boys would walk by and kiss us.
bought. bought.
And yes, we ate a whole cake betwexit.
Earl Butts?
you look fantastic! you may find this next statement creepy, but i think you and i have a very similar body type (and from the sounds of it a similar diet/exercise routine). You are my inspiration! I want to look like you! Thanks for posting.
Referring to Mommacita's comment: I remember no salads...visions of bismarks dance in my head.
And thinking about bismarks and talking about bismarks and drawing pictures of bismarks and sliding them over to each other during class which would indicate that the cougareat to devour said bismark, would be our next stop on our journey to finding the perfect husband, there at the BYU. Luckily, we both accomplished that goal, but it didn't keep us from devouring bismarks. Even though I still like me some sugar, the thought of those particular bismarks is practically gagging. Amazing that I haven't developed type 2 diabetes.
And Kristi Approved is making sure I don't.
I'm ignoring your comment in reference to kissing boys, stinker.
Alright, you've inspired me. I've been thinking about this program for months and now I'm going to do it. I start tomorrow. As for now, I'll sit and indulge on my blueberry bundt cake.
You look awesome!
where are your high heels? i thought those were required for the after pic. great job annie. have so much fun enjoying your success.
You look great, and even better if you feel it!
I looked into the program after you first posted about it, but I couldn't bring myself to fork over the money for it when it sounded just like Body for life and the "mentor" who called me and kept emailing me was as annoying all get out.
Do you have any experience with Body for life? Just wondering how it compares.
I'm sorry but did you miss the fact that you wore a swim suit in the before picture and not the after picture???
I mean seriously lady flaunt it if you got it, and BOY do you got it! Maybe I'll try this after my current WW session. We have a love hate addiction.
Post a Comment