I took A LOT of pictures of Sarah.
She wanted to kill me.
But she's just so prrrrrrrretty.
Especially against the darkness of the subway
and the grandeur of Grand Central.

We started out by waiting outside of Gramaldi's for about 45 minutes. Worth it.
Went to Washington Square Park and ran into an Indian Festival where they were handing out plates piled high of FREE Indian food. Go and I just about cried because we were still stuffed from Gramaldi's. Usually this wouldn't phase me but my stomach has shrunk since I've been on Kristi Approved. Dang you, Kristi Approved. You made me miss out on free Indian food. We did partake of the Hare Krishna lemonade, which we found slightly humorous until we remembered it was Kool-Aid we should be drinking, not lemonade. Go said his tasted like LSD. Mine tasted like the huge plastic bucket from whence it came.
I wish I had the guts to take pictures of the Indian festival, especially the Hare Krishna booths. I didn't want to seem like I was exploiting their culture or anything, not that they would care about drawing attention to themselves, what with the bald heads save for one lone pony tail, the jumping around in orange robes and the shaking of their tambourines...
But a guy covered with pigeons is just plain asking for it.
And this dude sleeping.
And also this dude sleeping.
After some quality time GPSing and walking around SoHo
We saw this beautiful chair, dreamt of buying it, and refueled at Vosges Haut-Chocolates.
We went to Chelsea Market for dinner and saw this really cool beard exhibit.
These were my two favorite.
This one is so Richie Tenenbaum. I love it.
The next day, after eating breakfast at a really cool farmy/organic place that I don't remember the name of, we made the trek to the Natural History Museum, which was super rad.
My daughter poses like this now for pictures. Heaven help us all.
And we dozed in Central Park.
Or entered into a comatose state, rather.
And saw the Belvedere Castle.
And ate snacks.
Where we ran into the Puerto Rico Parade. I have never felt so white bread boring in my entire life. Where is my electrical blinking navel ring? My whistle to blow really loud in passerbys ears in the subway? My Puerto Rican flag tied around me like a cape?
Right before we left, we hit Magnolia Bakery where we brushed past
Go still has marks in his arm from me digging my nails into it as we past him. And he was wearing a hat. Be still my heart. I immediately called my mom and told her. "Did you touch him?" she squealed. (Cougar!) "No, I didn't touch him!", I squealed back and while I'm saying this, I see
Lonny saw the whole thing go down. He was amused.
It was fun. And that was our New York trip in a nutshell.
The. End.
























10 comments:
Ummmm. . . so here's where I reveal that I have no idea whatsoever who that first guy is.
Please inform.
Good trip, better pics, I'm obviously jealous.
luvs, aby
His name is Matthew Borner. He played Bryce Larkin on Chuck and play Neil Caffrey on White Collar. To quote what your cousin Sarah said after we passed him "He's SO hot!" ;)
You know those girls who are hard to be friends with because they are so pretty? I have a dear friend like that - she is basically a living unicorn, complete with thick blonde hair down to her 26-inch waist (after having 4 children). On top of her obvious physical blessings, she is also rolling in cash. That chair you were drooling over (was it from Room & Board), she has THREE of them just stuck in corners around her house. Sigh.
I love him on White collar!!! So jealous! Glad you had fun.
I have no idea who the first TWO guys are. I must not keep up with TV enough.
Free Indian food? I'd find room in my stomach.
Fabulous photos Annie, as usual.
I love.love.love White Collar and LOVE Matt Bomer.
He's adorable! And it breaks my heart to know he's in a loving partnership. (cause you know I totally have a chance with him, no doubt!)
I don't know who the second guy was, though.
Looks like ya'll had a blast in NYC.
I totally want to go there...with you and your cute fam!
No, it wasn't Room and Board, just a tiny little furniture shop. The rest of the stuff wasn't great, but that chair certainly was.
And the second guy played on 30 Rock, among other various things.
Best nutshell ever!
AND in my defense of wondering if you'd touched MB (which last name totally does not fit him I have to say - Bonner? that's like a hefty pioneer, frontiersman's name) - you opened with (and it was in squealing tones) "GUESS WHO WE JUST BRUSHED PAST?" and I was trying to determine just exactly how close you got to him...like did you or one of your party just brush past him or did the guy next to you just brush past him, or did the lady next to the guy next to you just brush past him. Whatever - bomb of a sighting.
Can I go to New York with you guys?
Post a Comment