
I found this page while skimming through one of my old sketchbooks today.
These were the faces of some of the people sitting near me while we all waited for our delayed flight out of Chicago O'Hare. The year was 2003, I'm quite sure.
It's always awkward when someone realizes you're sketching them so I did these at lightening speed in case I ended up sitting next to any of them.
"You were drawing me, weren't you?" I had imagined any one of my subjects saying.
"Yah," I would have replied sheepishly.
Then they would have demanded to see it and I would have shown them.
And then they would have turned indignant. "My nose isn't that big!"
"Uhhhh...yah it is. Sorry."
5 comments:
Wow. I think that would be cool if you were sketching me, but only if you didn't tell me how big my nose is.
Their expressions are very airportish...they just look like they're waiting for something. That's the year we became mothers. I like that year.
Sarah, I hope you read the last word of this post Gilly style.
Oh, you know I did.
"My nose isn't that big!"
"Uhhhh...yah it is. Sorry."
I'm still laughing...and I read it days ago!
Post a Comment