My trip is drawing quickly to a close, though I still have one last leg left. Thus far, I've connected with people I haven't seen in awhile, some I haven't seen in years. While jogging today, slap, shuffle, slap, shuffle, it hit me that I know a great number of very courageous people; people that have been through and are going through some major trials in their lives. We all know by now that it is through these trials and the consequent turmoil that give perspective, build character, give us depth, make us more interesting, more likely to reach out to other people and in a twisted way and in the long run: happier. To watch those who struggle with grace and tenacity is inspiring and humbing. I admire the people that are in my life. So here's to you, people in my life. This especially goes out to all the:
-mothers of three under the age of four
-mothers of Irish Twins
-third trimester pregnansters
-single parents
-middle-aged X-SAHM who now have jobs to pay for their kids' college tuitions
-chefs at a busy restaurants
-walkers of very old dogs
-widows
-people on diets
-people who deal with chronic health issues
-the families of those who deal with chronic health issues
-teachers
-middle-aged women who jog, especially the one I saw today running in jeans
-people choosing to make better decisions and positive changes
-people that give it to me straight
-marriages that have survived
-givers of shirts off their backs
-the over-worked and under-paid and the un-appreciated
-vets who send sincere sympathy cards
-those with no agenda
-receivers of pokes and shots
-givers of pokes and shots
-givers of pokes and shots
-grievers
-listeners
-bloggers who put themselves out there, who entertain me, who make me think
3 comments:
Thank you for changing comments to wet willies. You don't know me but I give it up for you for doing so.
How ironic, since I consider you truly brave & courageous. I guess we just all step when we have no other choice but to deal with what life throws us, but some of us do it better than others. I could improve in the less-complaining department :) It was SO great to have a night out with the girls on Tuesday. I wish we could be it monthly instead of yearly. Nice to know the connection will always be the same with my Northwoods girls.
very nice post.
Post a Comment