
Arg! Last night our dryer broke. Curses! I had slacked on doing laundry and had about 7 loads to do. So all day long today, I washed load after load, then piled wet laundry into 4 different laundry baskets to take to the laundromat to do the drying all in one pop. Totally dreading going, I rounded up some things to take for the girls to do (well, just Ruby - all May wants to do lately is walk, walk, walk and reach out to strange men to hold her), and just an idea for all you other Mamas out there, I concocted a great toy - I glued a paint stirrer/stick thing to the back of a paper plate and then bought some balloons from the dollar store next door (imagine that - a dollar store next door to a laundromat) and Ruby ran around hitting the balloon all over the place and was COMPLETELY occupied for an hour - which probably has never happened in her life, so if you ever need to make a quick toy, remember that one. Anyway, so Ruby's running all over the place like a wild woman and May, like always, is making friends with everyone and of course takes a particular liking to the x-con running the money exchange in the back. An hour passes pretty quickly and it's time to get my clothes out of my dryers. As I am unloading clothes from a huge dryer that I put two loads in together, to my horror I discover that there was an orange crayon in Ruby's pocket or something because every piece of clothing has big orange smears all over them. Ugh. So on top of a broken dryer, a tight budget, and two wild kids to take to the laundromat until we get a new dryer, my family will now be sporting orange. Be sure to look for the smears in our Christmas picture, if I ever get around to taking a picture, etc. We might just have to take it at the laundromat, seeing as that's where we're going to be spending a good amount of our time.
1 comment:
oohh! our dryer in maryland broke too! it was awful, but i had no children at the time, so your story, of course, is much worse! good luck!
Post a Comment